Thursday, November 29, 2012

My Last Week at Harlaxton

Hello from across the pond!

I hope you are all having a splendid day today :)  I can't believe that it's my last week in the UK!  I feel like I have been busy busy busy the last few days, so I will catch you up on life over here and what my plans are for this evening.

On Monday, my day was FULL.  I had my final nursing class (hooray!) as well as my second to last British Studies lecture.  I turned in my last project for the semester and I was relieved to do so.  Homework sneaks up on me sometimes, especially with travelling all weekend.  Anyways, on Tuesday I had another long day.  In the morning, we had a nursing presentation (hopefully I can blog about it!) and then I got a behind the scenes tour of the manor.  If you didn't know, Harlaxton Manor was home to the movie The Haunting.  I got to go into the basement and see the props that were used in the movie.  I also got to go into the clock tower, which was really cool.  No students have ever gone up there!  My day didn't stop there- my meet-a-family picked me up to take me to their church and also took me to a church from the 900s.  It was REALLY cool!  I've been blessed by the time I've gotten to spend with them.  When I got back to the manor, I played in the last volleyball game of the semester.  I did pretty well (even though I know NOTHING about the sport!).  
Yesterday was the last British Studies lecture I will ever have (CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!).  Everyone stood up at the end of the lecture to applaud for our professors.  Even though the class is a pain, they always made it an entertaining subject.  I studied a lot yesterday for upcoming exams.  I did take a study break to watch Christmas Vacation (National Lampoon style) and I went to the comedy night that was put on by fellow students.  It was a scream, that's for sure!  
Today I had an exam and tonight is the Valedictory dinner.  I did really well on my exam, and hopefully the dinner is fun!  

Cheers for now!  7 more days!
Taylor <3

2 comments:

  1. i bet this will be the last time I get to comment on your blog. it has been so much fun doing this. You know grama I always have to speak my mind. however it has been a blast following you thru all your trips. I am so happy you got to do all the ones you wanted to do. It will sure be nice tho to have you home. Can't wait. Love Grama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Grandma! I'm so glad that you read all of them and commented- it means a lot to me! I'm happy that you enjoyed my blogs (I'm a terrible writer) and I can't wait to see you on Thursday!

      Delete