Sunday, November 18, 2012

Costume Ball...Masquerade the Night Away!

Hello Everyone!

Seems like I'm blogging quite a bit lately- so much to do in so little time!  By the time you see this, I'll be home in 17 days!!! SO exciting!  A lot left to do before I leave, including my final examinations which I'm not looking forward to.  Anyways, enough about the boring stuff!  Here is what happened at Harlaxton College on Saturday night!
We all got dressed up in costumes and masques for a great evening- the Costume Ball!  Everyone that comes to Harlaxton looks forward to this event, and now I know why!  Our evening started with polite drinks in the Great Hall before dinner.  We were able to take pictures with each other and visit- it was definitely nice!


We then moved into the Long Gallery for dinner, which was chicken, potatoes, carrots, green beans, and orange salad.  For dessert we were served truffle chocolate cake (SO good!).  While we ate our dinner, we were treated to a dinner performance from Harlaxton students who were performing a murder mystery.  It was really really good!  The entire production was Harlaxton students, even the playwright!  I was truly impressed by the talent that we have here- completely amazing.  

After dinner, we went into the Great Hall for dancing.  Best. Night. Ever.  I'm serious- We all had such a good time, students and faculty alike, dancing and singing to some great tunes.  I have never had such fun over here until then.  It's nights like these that make you want to stay forever <3
Costume Ball Highlights from my friend Gloria :)

I hope you enjoyed the pictures- more blogs to come this week!  
<3 Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment