Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Cadbury World and Birmingham!

Hallo!!!

I hope you are all having a great week- remember tomorrow is Wednesday and then T.G.I.F.!!! It's a great day at the Manor, although the weather is a little crummy.  We had a ceremony in the Pegasus courtyard this morning to celebrate and remember the fallen soldiers from the World Wars.  It was very interesting, and I wore a poppy in honor of the soldiers.  The Senior Nurses have our final part of our community project tonight, the Health Olympics, which will be used to evaluate the effectiveness of our Health Fair (yes, my academic side is coming out!).  However, the point of this blog is FUN and I want to tell you all about Cadbury World, the Willy Wonka Factory of England...and the greatest shopping mall EVER!

On Saturday morning, the students boarded the bus to go up north to Cadbury.  There was a mix of students and faculty for this trip, which was quite nice.  I hadn't been on a small day trip with the school before, but this was a lot of fun!  I was able to hang out with different people this day, which made the trip a cool bonding experience with the rest of the students.  We arrived at Cadbury World in the late morning, and everyone was greeted with the overwhelming smell of chocolate.  Honestly, I don't think I can look at chocolate for a long time after this trip.  When we got in the door, there were so. many. children.  I'm not kidding, it was worse than Chuckie Cheese with 12 kids' birthday parties going on.  However, our group was shuttled through the lobby/entrance quite quickly.  We started off by going through the Amazonian Jungle.  When we did get ready to walk through the door, we were given two chocolate bars, which was a Curly Whirly and a I HAVE NO IDEA (Okay, I forgot the name of it.  Sorry!) .  The Curly Whirly was like a flattened milk dud (SO chewy!) and the other was a honeycomb covered in chocolate.  We had a blast walking through the factory and smelling the chocolate.

After we exited the interactive area of the factory, we were able to see the packaging and manufacturing of the chocolate, which was really overwhelming because of the smell.  Honestly.  I thought I gained about 30lbs just from the smell.  But it was so. good.  We got another free chocolate bar and continued to walk through the factory.  We rode the "Cadabra" ride, which was like a Small World ride from Disney world.  It was full of singing and dancing cocoa beans.  You get the picture.  When you leave the ride, you walk into a fun and interactive chocolate molding area.  You get to see live demonstrations and talk to the chocolateers, which is really cool.  I got to write my name in Cadbury chocolate.  And I got a glass full of melted chocolate.  Again.  Too much chocolate!!  After this, you exited into the largest Cadbury chocolate shop in the entire world.  The candy was so fresh. And so good. And I must say, it was pretty awesome.  Outside, they had a play area for little kids and a place for people to create their own chocolate concoction.  I chose chocolate and marshmallows.  I regret to inform you that I had to throw the last few bites away.  I think I died in chocolate coma.

When we left Cadbury, we went into Birmingham, which was really close to Cadbury.  We went to the Bull Pit, which is the largest shopping area I think I have ever seen in my entire life.  Three stories and a HUGE building full of stuff.  What stuff?  Basically anything (I mean EVERYTHING) you can imagine.  It was fun to be in a mall again, but I will say the crowds were SO thick.  I'm talking at least thousands of people in this mall.  They had a line to get on the escalator to get on the next floor.  It was absolutely ridiculous...but still, I missed just going to the mall.   I ended my day back at the Manor, safe and sound.

That's all I have for now until I get to the Paris Trip briefing!  Talk to you all soon :)
Love always,
Taylor <3

No comments:

Post a Comment