Monday, December 3, 2012

Two More Days...

Cheers Everyone!

I hope you had a great weekend back in the States.  I have been keeping up with the weather at home and I think you have been getting a sunny winter so far.  I am pretty jealous because it is about 30 degrees here...and it doesn't get any better because I am bringing it home with me!  Two more days of Harlaxton (really, one more because my day is now ending) until my journey over in the UK comes to a close.  I have been toying with the idea of keeping my blog throughout my senior year of nursing.  Let me know what you think-yay or nay :)
This weekend went by way too quickly for me!  Friday was filled with studying and getting ready for more exams, as well as packing.  I also got to see one of my friends from Nottingham University that came to UE in the spring semester of 2012.  It was a lot of fun- we went into town for lunch and did a little shopping.  When we got back to the Manor, we watched "The Haunting", which features several scenes with Harlaxton College in the background.  I did a lot of packing on this night because I needed the study break.  When I was getting ready to come over here, I had some trouble with the weight limits.  However, I think that my packing skills have greatly improved...

Saturday was the Meet-A-Family Christmas dinner at Harlaxton!  It was a great day all together though.  The nursing students volunteered as "Santa's Helpers", and we got to help little kids make Christmas crafts.  It was a lot of fun making paper angels and Christmas cards!  We also got unlimited wine and beer for helping with the project (great incentive!).  Later in the evening, I got ready and went to meet my meet-a-family for the last time.  There were carolers in the main entrance to greet the families trekking to the Manor that evening, and it was really pretty with the echos of the stone.  Once all families were inside, we had a dinner.  It was nice to meet other host families of other students.  We ended our evening with Christmas carols (both American and British) in the Great Hall.  My host family and I promised to keep in contact.  I am so blessed to have had them in my life here!  Later that night, I went into Grantham one more time with all of my new friends from this semester.  I couldn't have asked for a better day!  It was so much fun from start to finish.  
Sunday was full of studying and taking finals and doing laundry (yuck yuck yuck!).  However, I was able to Skype my family and pass my finals, so that was a positive!  
Today I got to take yet another final and finish all of my packing.  Officially.  I'm done packing.  ALL OF MY CHECK BAGS ARE UNDER 50LBS!!!  How exciting is that?!  I think I'm more surprised by that than anything else :) I also checked up on all of my airline information and those small details (aka, I have a passport, I have a flight itinerary  etc).  
Tomorrow I get to spend the day studying for my last final- British Studies.  As much as I enjoyed learning about the British Identity from the beginning of time until present day, I really just want to skip the final and come home at this point!  I know I can't check out yet- so don't worry too much.  Just pray that I can pay attention Wednesday when I know I will be checking out the minute I turn in my final!  

I will hopefully be blogging one more time before I get home- and if not, I will still probably blog when I get home and maybe even change the name of my blog to work (like taylorintheusa!).  Thanks for being part of my journey!

Cheers for now-
Taylor <3

No comments:

Post a Comment