Friday, September 14, 2012

3 Weeks in the Manor!!

Hello Everyone! 
I wanted to drop a line before I head off for bed this evening...as you can tell from this post, it was made at 12:35 at night.  I will explain that lovely detail later...but I will give a quick introduction to this crazy Friday that I have had!

Today I woke up at 6:30am to get ready for classes.  Because we went on a field trip to Lincoln on Wednesday (I'm still working on that blog! Post hopefully soon!), we had to make up for the day of class that we missed.  Unfortunately, we also had a quiz today in British Studies, so everyone was on edge.  I had just gotten done putting on make-up when I heard the alarms.  It honestly sounded like we were being invaded- unfortunately, it was the fire alarm.  We all ran downstairs to find out it was just a lovely drill to wake us up for our quiz today.  No harm, no foul :)
After classes today, I saw I received some mail- a letter from Grandma and Grandpa Hibler!!  It makes my day when I get mail :)  I investigated about my Switzerland trip that I am booking.  I am SOO excited to finish the details on Sunday.  I found some great deals and a wonderful hostel to stay at.  I did laundry for the first time since being here, and I was successful!  I didn't have any tire-tracks on my clothes that people get.  However, the washers and dryers are a little different, but it was all okay.  
Tonight our nursing teacher and two of her children kindly invited the nursing majors over to their apartment in the carriage house for spaghetti- the one food we all missed from home!  It was so nice to sit with a family and have fun.  We finished our event together by watching "Ever After", the ultimate Cinderella movie complete with references to history that we actually understand.  I LOVE that movie so much, so it definitely made my night.
I was FINALLY able to skype my best friend to talk about the last two weeks since we have been so busy.  I MISS YOU!!!! :) Honestly, a wonderful time.  I had two roommates home for the night and another friend over for movie night.  We were just about halfway done with the movie "Mean Girls" about 11:50pm when the alarm sounded AGAIN.  We smelled smoke in the hallway- not a good sign!- and ran downstairs.  It was PITCH black outside; no lights, no NOTHING.  It was really scary walking to the front circle without any lights or guide.  Eventually the fire brigade showed up and cleared the building- just a small incident causing no real damage.  
So now it is 12:45am and the tower bells are going off AGAIN.  We are going to finish Mean Girls tonight even if the building has another alarm- let's hope not!  Unfortunately, I will not be posting pictures of today's events.  Considering the fire drill this morning and my afternoon in the laundry room, I look like a typical college student.  Hopefully I can get my Lincoln blog up tomorrow.  Pray for NO MORE fire alarms!

Cheerio!

Taylor <3

1 comment:

  1. Hi TAY. Just got home a little while ago from the party and was reading your blog and was wondering where you were going in Switzerland. What about the Alps? Take care and have a good week.Love Grama

    ReplyDelete