Thursday, August 30, 2012

Day Seven: Departure Day for London!!

Good Afternoon to you all- I hope this post finds you well and having a great day! 

Today I am leaving for London for the weekend- when I say leaving, I mean leaving in approximately 35 minutes.  Time sure is flying by here at the manor- but here is what I have done so far today in preparation for my trip :)

My wonderful fleece that kept me warm today!! :)
I made sure I got a good night's sleep since I didn't have classes (yay!).  I worked on homework so I could leave on time (first nursing quiz, 94%!!).  I saw it was raining and I thought the room felt cold, so I put a fleece on.  And boy, am I glad that I did....  I took the bus into Grantham with some of my nursing friends so we could get our railcard passes that help us get discounts, as well as some "laundry gel" from Poundland.  When we got out of the shuttle, it was blowing rain.  And FREEZING cold!!  We had about a five block walk to the train station, and by the time we got back to Isaac Shopping Center, we were soaked, head to toe.  Thank goodness for Costa coffee, because I would have frozen to death!  I really enjoyed the "cafe carmella coffee" that I was able to have.  So again, I'm sorry for not taking any pictures in Grantham today, but I think my camera would have died from water exposure.  Hopefully I get a chance to get into town withOUT rain.

Once back to the manor, Bailey (my roommate, nursing major from UE) and I printed off all our documentation for the weekend- our bus trip, london eye ride, and the tower of london passes.  We then proceeded to pack.  And unpack.  And repack.  Packing is quite difficult when you have never been somewhere before...so hopefully I brought something that will keep me warm/dry/comfortable!  We had chicken nuggets and rice for dinner (not too shabby I would say) and now we are putting our bags on and walking out the door.  Hopefully I get some great pictures while I am in London.  But until I get back, no blog posts...so I will be posting a lot of them Sunday night (at least I HOPE to be posting a lot of it Sunday night...).  

I hope you all have a great Labor Day weekend, as they don't celebrate that across the pond, and Hurricane Isaac leaves you all alone.  

Cheerio!
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment