Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day Five: Reading and Planning!

Good Afternoon to you all back at home!  I hope you are having a great day :) The second day of my senior year has been going well, though it has kept me quite busy!  Here is what has been happening...
THIS week's schedule!
Today I met for my clinical class.  It was a relaxed class day because we were going over information in the syllabus and learning about all of our classroom assignments.  However, we did have some guest British speakers come join us and it was a wonderful experience!  The first speaker that came in was the nurse from Harlaxton college.  She was explaining to us about her job and how she became the nurse she is today.  It was a really interesting conversation- she was in nursing school on the clinical floor at age 18!  In the US, you usually aren't doing anything hands on for a year (at least that's how Evansville does it!).  She also explained that you have to pick your "specialty", or what area of nursing you would like to go in right away.  This is because you get more opportunities and experiences in school.  In between speakers I got to have lunch, which was Shepard's pie...which was not that bad!  
Our second speaker was from Dove Hospice Care (http://www.dovecottage.org/#), which operates about 10 miles away from Harlaxton college.  This woman had such an amazing story- their cottage operates as a day care for those who need respite care, caregivers included.  Their goal is to enhance the quality of life and help people achieve their goals and dreams before they die.  It was a really unique conversation because we don't hear of those things in the US very often.

After classes were finished I planned my trip to London!  I am very excited about this trip and I can't wait to go.  Here are some of the things I will be doing along with websites to each of them:
 I can't wait to take pictures and actually be in London- hopefully I get time to walk down the infamous Abbey Road!!! I am spending the rest of the day holed up studying...but honestly there isn't a good place in this entire manor because it's so magnificent!  You wouldn't think I would get distracted by the views, but I do every time!  

That's all for now since I have some work to get done before the choir meeting- cheerio for now!
Taylor




No comments:

Post a Comment