Monday, August 27, 2012

Day Four: First Day of My Senior Year!

Good Evening  to you all- hope you are doing well back across the pond!  Today has been such a great start (considering it is night here) to my Senior year of college. 
Our first class was our British Studies lecture, which was conducted in the Long Gallery with the entire student body at Harlaxton.  It was a very fast and detailed lecture- thankfully it was just an overview of everything we are about to learn this semester.  For those who have traveled to the UK before, they will understand that there are different definitions of English and British.  For those who prefer the American side of the pond, British and English are COMPLETELY opposite terms.  This is a key concept in my lecture series.  After hastily writing down notes I headed to the second part of British Studies, which was meeting with my professor and roughly 20 classmates.  We then discussed what the expectations of the class are and drum roll please...we already have a group project to present on Wednesday.  I had no idea we would be moving THIS fast!
My second class was held in the Morning Gallery, which was a nursing class that allowed us to Skype our peers back at home.  I really enjoyed the class and being able to see my classmates for the first time since last spring!  In that class we discussed mostly the syllabus and a little bit of content.  All in all, it was a fun and very educational class.
Today on my free time I was able to Skype some of my nursing friends from home.  It was so much fun to catch up with them on life and see how they were doing!  
Finally, I attended a seminar about my trip to London this weekend- I have a feeling I will have a lot of fun!  I plan on going on a Double-Decker bus ride, to the London Eye,  to Abbey Road, London Tower, Florence Nightingale Museum, and to Piccadilly Circus. I am really excited about this trip on Thursday- let me know if any of you have heard of or been anywhere in London that I should go!

Cheerio for now!
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment