Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day Two: Jetlag and Round Tables

Good Afternoon to you all- or rather, I should say good morning since the day is just starting there across the pond! I shall fill you in on the last few hours of my day!

Last night was quite an experience at the Manor- I got to meet one of my professors for the first time and he definitely made an impression!  He came in the room with a crate of red and white wine and said to help ourselves.  It was quite a nice treat after a long day and it helped get all of my fellow classmates into the conversation.  It was a very interesting discussion about English vs. British and how Americans can distinguish a difference.  I shall have to elaborate more on that later....After a quick but much needed nap- I literally passed out face down on my bed- my roommates and I went to the Bistro, which is the small pub in the downstairs of our school.  Needless to say, we had a lovely time playing Apples to Apples and it helped us get to know each other a little bit better.
 
Today we had an Academic Convocation with a REAL Scottish bagpipe player!  It was so cool to see him walking down the aisle playing.  We had round tables, which were different meetings with school officials filling us in on everything and anything we could ever need to know.  We had a quick lunch and then I FINALLY got a converter for my computer- I am free to Skype today from 11am-1pm your time so take advantage!  Right now we are getting ready to go into ASDA, which is like a British Walmart, so hopefully I can post some pictures once I've gotten back.  Talk more soon!

Cheerio!
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment