Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Two more days!

Here it is!  The last blog before I get to the airport (hopefully!).  Two more days until I depart for the adventure of a lifetime!  I could not be any more full of emotions than I have been since...ever.  I am getting more and more nervous/excited every minute of the day.  Here is what I have been working on...

All of the trips that I have booked are all paid for.  HOORAY!!  I finished buying anything I could need for my trips; from hair ties to batteries for my camera to scarves to wear with my blazers.  Buying anything for the trip is over.  Thank goodness!  I have been tying up all the loose ends around home- cleaning my car, making sure my room is cleaned, seeing friends and family, etc.  I guess I have put off the inevitable for too long- packing.

My packing has been going alright.  Yesterday I finally got the urge to pull a suitcase onto my bed and get it started.  It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be....oh wait, who am I kidding?!  Packing was pretty painful.  Plus my brothers kept coming in to try to entertain me and distract me.  But I did get a few photos for you all to see my wonderful handiwork!  

Here is bag number one- the BIG one.  I have yet to weigh it (probably because I'm afraid it's too heavy!) but I think I will be okay.  It took roughly two hours to pack that bag from start to finish.  You will not believe how much stuff I was able to fit and I STILL haven't used the expander.  GO ME!  ALL of my liquids are housed in zip-lock bags- I do NOT want to be doing laundry the minute I get there because my toothpaste exploded (though I know I would smell minty fresh!).

Bag number two is "just a little guy" that weighed roughly 30lbs when I was finished with it today.  I got so many shirts in there plus three pairs of shoes, not to mention all of my scarves.  I think that bag will work for long weekend trips when I go to Paris and Ireland.  I haven't used the expander on that bag yet either, plus I know it is under weight so I can store my Harlaxton souvenirs in there on the way back home.

I can't even believe that in TWO DAYS I will be leaving the country until December!!! Be sure to keep up with my blog and facebook while I am gone.  I will try to post as many pictures as possible with my camera.  I will put more information on here with pictures with stories if there are any.  My skype name is "tekalewis" if anyone would like to skype...just keep in mind of the time difference please!!  I will also try to make a quick post once I'm in the UK once I have made it safely- if you are DYING to know if I made it, my parents are the lucky ones who will be getting the 2:30 am phone call (8:00am UK time of course!) that I arrived safely.  

Bon Voyage!
 <3 Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment