Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ceilidh Dancing and Day Six!

Manor at sunset :)
I hope you are all staying warm across the pond for me today.  The high right now in Grantham is 55 degrees FAHRENHEIT!  I think it could be just a little bit warmer, but I won't complain...it's definitely fall weather over here and I LOVE the fall season.


Ceilidh Dancing!
Last night I was walking in from taking pictures on the grounds and I heard some interesting Scottish or Irish music playing in the Great Hall.  When I stop to look in the door, I see everyone in the room dancing and having what looked like a blast!  It's called "Ceilidh Dancing" (pronounced "kay-lee dancing").  So I started snapping some photos and started listening to the music.  After they finished a song with a great round of applause, the groups were separating again and they needed one more volunteer...so I thought, "why not?"!  I cannot tell you how much fun I had- even though I felt completely embarrassed and out of my element- dancing with a group of students. 
Today was spent in classes for the morning- I swear, we went through 1000 years of British history- and working on homework.  Unfortunately, it rained all day long.  When I say all day long, I mean ALL day long.  Finally around 5pm (hence the blog now!) the rain stopped so I could enjoy a few moments of fresh air.  :)
 
Running to dinner and to a meet-a-family meeting (more on that tomorrow!)
Cheerio!
Taylor

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tay I will try it again tonight. Loooooved every picture. Anyone reading your blog and following you can see why you love it there. We are so happy for your experience and bring back some neat pictures from London. Have a great time Love Grama

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU DID IT!!! Thank you for your comment and your patience- maybe you can help my mom with it! I can't wait for London- I will have a spectacular blog after that- LOTS of pictures!! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete