Saturday, October 13, 2012

Upcoming Trips to Bath & Stonehenge and Switzerland!!

Hello Everyone!

It's been a while since I've last checked in through blogging.  I am staying at the Manor for the last time for a full weekend until I come home so I can work on homework and projects.  Also, I'm catching up on the sleep that I know I will be rid of when I'm traveling these next few weeks.  I figured I would give you a little update about my life though and the trips that I will be going on!

I will be going to Bath & Stonehenge this coming weekend (October 19-21)!  I'm pretty excited about this trip because I did schedule it a little last minute, which was about three weeks ago.  Apparently Bath is an extraordinary city and there is a lot of shopping opportunity, so I'm pretty excited to see the culture here.  It looks like a completely beautiful city, so I'm pretty excited to see it.  I'm also going to Stonehenge, which is pretty amazing as well.  I don't have an exact itinerary yet because we have not had our school trip briefing for it.  More details to come this week hopefully on Tuesday!  I know two of my roommates are going on this trip, and I'm really excited to spend some time outside of Harlaxton with them.  It's nice to be able to get away with each other, and I don't know when the next time we will all be going on a trip together with each other.  

I have officially booked Switzerland!!!!!!!!! I am beyond excited about this trip because I have been dying to go here ever since I was a senior in high school and I found out I would be able to study abroad when I went to Evansville.  This trip is like the tip top item on my bucket list.  I am completely blessed to be going on this trip and I'm so glad my family supports my decision to go here.  I am planning this trip with my friend Sara Doss, who is also a nursing major and one of my sorority sisters, so it's pretty exciting that I get to go somewhere with her as well.  We will be leaving the Manor on Wednesday  October 24th to take a train into London Gatwick, which is the airport we will fly out of later that evening.  We will arrive in Zurich that night and take a train to Interlaken, which will get us to our destination around midnight.  We will have a ten minute walk to our hostel, and we plan on sleeping in a little bit the next morning.  On Thursday, we will be going on our PARAGLIDING adventure over the Alps!!!!  It will be at 2:00pm in the afternoon, and I'm SOO excited!  It is going to be one of the most thrilling things I will ever do in my life guaranteed!  On Friday we plan on hiking in the woods, which will be a lot of fun.  There are free trails that many backpackers take.  Saturday morning Sara and I will take a train back to Zurich so we can explore that city and then we will fly out Sunday morning and get back to the Manor on Sunday afternoon.  It will be a complete blast and you will all have to pray for safe travels for us!   

The next weekend, I will be taking a day trip to Cadbury World and Birmingham on Saturday November 3rd.  I am really excited to get some fresh Cadbury chocolate (place your orders now!!).  The factory is kind of like a Willy Wonka experience, which is going to be awesome.  There are a lot of people from our school going on this trip, including our nursing professor and her kids.  I'm excited to go somewhere different and have an unique experience.  Birmingham is known for exemplary shopping centers, so hopefully I don't have to buy another suit case to bring all of my new clothes home!  I think I may have to take a trip into London on Friday just so I can get back to see the city :) 

Well, it's back to writing papers for me at the Manor this weekend.  I want to get all of my homework done that I can because I have a lot of trips coming up pretty fast!  I can't believe that I will be home in less than 55 days!  I love it here, but I can't wait to see my family again because I miss them all so much.  Thanks for keeping up with my adventures and hopefully I can get some more information about Bath and Stonehenge this week!  

Cheers!
Taylor <3

3 comments:

  1. OMG Tay what can I say? You sure know how to plan things. Will definitely pray for your safe travels with your s.sister. will skype you before you leave. Have a great week. Sounds like you are prepared for it. Love Grama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grandma :) I am so excited for my trips coming up this month...I have been at the Manor for two weeks working hard so I can play harder! Thank you again and we do need to Skype before you fly down to Florida! Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just been reading your blog again and I don't know about this gliding thing. It makes me nervous. Well I guess I will just have to keep busy that day and you better text me when done.

    ReplyDelete