Wednesday, April 4, 2012

(IM)Patiently Waiting for Harlaxton :)

If you haven't found out yet...I'm going to Harlaxton College this fall!!! I can't be any more excited because I have dreamed of this since applying to go to the University of Evansville.  I will fill you in on the process that I have been through so far so you can keep updated with my trip!

First, I had to apply to get into the school.  They don't just let any person go to England.  I applied last December and received confirmation about my trip.  I literally screamed when I opened my letter (you can ask Andy!).  I had some paperwork to fill out and then I would be prompted further about the trip information.

My first meeting was held in the beginning of February.  We were like little kids buzzing on their first day of school :) I could barely keep the scream inside of me when they welcomed us as the Harlaxton 2012 Lions Class for the fall.  It was the most exciting feeling in the world!  At this orientation we talked about the different forms we would have to fill out in order to leave the country (apparently you can't just run out!).  We even talked about our course enrollment and what day we would be arriving to the school.  My heart was racing as I read through the information- arriving in Harlaxton on August 24th.  It seemed so far away...but now it's already April!

The second meeting held was about health, safety, and security while abroad.  I'm sure you have not seen the movie Taken and I would NOT take that opportunity to watch it until I come home.  Okay? Great :)

My third meeting was my favorite- how to schedule TRAVEL options!!! It was SOO exciting hearing about the trips that we could go on- I have lists of different places, but I know I need to narrow it down a little bit.  I can give you a sneak preview now though....
  • August 30-September 2: London and Hampton Court Palace Trip
  • September 26-September 30: Ireland: Coast to Coast trip!!!
  • October 11-October 14: Switzerland and Austria (MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!)
  • November 7-November 11: Paris and Italy (tentative right now) 
Of course I have a lot to think about...but I am more than excited about this opportunity.  I'm sure the big question for most of you is..."I'm glad you are going to travel, but when will you travel HOME???"  Right now, I will be arriving back in the United States on December 6th, 3:30pm at Chicago O'Hare Airport.  I'm planning on leaving after finals...going away is exciting and all, but I'm sure I will be missing home around that time!

That's all I have for now...I'll try to keep you updated as I get more information in line about my trip.  Stay tuned :)

Love,
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment